Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Beaufort Vinduro

Beaufort Vinduro 15 Oct 2014 06:55 #5615

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Saturday Sign on, scrutineering from 10am at the Reserve. Noise meter check at the ‘Special Test’ opposite Raglan Reserve

Saturday 12-4 and Sunday 7-8am; 30m ride by per MA rules with the MA Db Meter. Find out how noisy or quiet your bike is!

Riders Briefing Sunday, 8:30, start time 9am, 3 per minute, Cold Start Test.

Closing date for pre-entry is 7 days before the event as I’ll be at Beaufort with a merry bunch of helpers marking the course the week before. Early entries will get early start numbers. As we receive entries you will be put in sequential order. The oval riding number stickers will be issued at the event with helmet numbers. If you want confirmation of your start number and time, ring me on 0422299003.

Your number will be issued on the day in the form of a sticker similar to the PBBB and 2014 Harrow one. Route Check tags will be issued for each bike. Riders will have recorded start and finish times and will hand in RC tags to certify laps completed.

The course is a long one of approx 120ks with four sections of 30ks each (approx) and we will have a fuel dump at half distance at the end of Section 2 on the Beaufort Amphitheatre road crossing. There will be ‘escape’ routes back to the start after the end of the 4 sections. Note, you are never more than 15ks from Ragan. All tracks are navigable by 4WD as per DEPI instructions except for section 1 which cuts through parts of HVP Plantation pines. To qualify for a finisher’s medal you have to complete the 4 sections. The route is not hard, just long which will test your concentration and bike stamina. If the weather is clear, stunning views of the surrounds are promised.

Saturday practice will be on the grass track opposite the Raglan Reserve 12 noon to 4pm. Impound in the Parc Ferme by 5pm.
Riders must notify checkpoint officials if you wish to ride a lap on someone else’s bike. Fuel and tools can be kept at your camp, however only legitimate fuel containers will be transported to the fuel dump. Entrants must be 18 or over. No underage riding on the property allowed due to permit and insurance restrictions.
Attachments:
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
Last Edit: 15 Oct 2014 06:56 by Serge C.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Beaufort Vinduro 16 Oct 2014 18:41 #5631

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
So, who's joining me?

i'll be heading out on Saturday afternoon and camping overnight.

Beaufort Vinduro 16 Oct 2014 20:06 #5635

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
I am up for it. Will be there Sunday only.

Beaufort Vinduro 16 Oct 2014 20:31 #5636

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
Dirtpilot wrote:
I am up for it. Will be there Sunday only.

So I'll have to cook my own dinner then!  :(

Beaufort Vinduro 17 Oct 2014 20:33 #5652

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Would love to attend, but it is going to depend on whether my work has found someone to replace my weekend shifts - fingers crossed!

Beaufort Vinduro 24 Oct 2014 13:29 #5754

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I have to work on the Saturday, but will aim to leave bright & early on Sunday to get to the main event. By the look of the photos on the Veri website, I think this one will be nicely suited to the TT600, and the XR200 may not be 'race-worthy' in time anyway.

Beaufort Vinduro 09 Nov 2014 19:11 #5978

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
If your even mildly interested in this Vinduro caper (and you weren't at Beaufort), then you missed a cracker of a ride!

I drove down on Saturday afternoon, in that miserable 35 deg heat, to arrive to a pleasant 20 degs, which rapidly dropped more.  I set up camp, had a few beers then our 'group' headed off to the pub for dinner.  It wasn't a late night, but we packed some food and drinks in, and I'm surprised some of the boys even made it out of bed in the morning!

The park ferme was busy (as usual), while riders were registering and being scruited.  Drakie gave the riders briefing and at 9:00 the first of the cold starts were off.

Section One was pine plantation stuff, not un-like what we do at Holbrook.  Some steep ups and downs through the valleys, with a few bog holes that were easily missed.  We had a section similar to the 'hill-of-sticks' at Holbrook, which saw riders spearing off in all directions if the momentum wasn't retained.  Fortunately, our group all handled it well and we made it to the first control with no dramas.  Quick re-fill and we were off again.  Section One was 40ks.

Section Two and Three were very similar.  Lots of beautiful flowing tracks, some 'high country' hills and great scenery.  The limited suspension and breaking capabilities of these old girls, made some of the riding tough, but that's what we look for!  late on Section Three, I caught up with Tony (AMTRA), and he chased me through k's and k's of awesome trails.  At the end of one, I just got of my bike and fell over, I was knackered!  Tony had his Go-Pro running, so hopefully he'll post up a video some time soon.  Section Two and Three were around 35k's each

Any hoo, a great day out on the old bikes.  I'll try and post up some pics (I've heard it's too hard!)

The Camp:

Park Ferme:

Drakie at riders briefing:

Team Fat-guts:

Section One control point (the VERi tent looks good!)

Spectacular views:

And that's all I got!

They're right ya know, pics are too hard!
Last Edit: 09 Nov 2014 19:23 by Serge C.

Beaufort Vinduro 12 Nov 2014 09:23 #6055

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Last Edit: 12 Nov 2014 12:29 by Serge C.

Beaufort Vinduro 12 Nov 2014 10:01 #6056

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
Thanks Tony.

Those tracks were grouse! :D
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds