Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cruisy Marysville - April 8th

Cruisy Marysville - April 8th 06 Apr 2018 21:07 #25399

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Sorry Mark something has come up and i cant make it on Sunday.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cruisy Marysville - April 8th 07 Apr 2018 19:27 #25404

• Joe Bool
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Ohhh I didn't know about that. Thanks Wade you've always got helpful ideas. I'll check it out 

Cruisy Marysville - April 8th 08 Apr 2018 19:33 #25428

• Dr. Peter
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Mark for organising the ride today.

I would like to acknowledge the two sweeps to who spent a lot of time eating my dust and smelling my two stroke. Stuart was the after lunch one, he introduced himself,  and he helped me out with some of the challenges of the ride,  and I think it was the other one was Graeme who was very patient. Happy to edit post if necessary.

Finished up with three get offs (bloody ruts!), a serious bogging, water in my right boot - a separate incident, , and a crash into a tree stump after focusing too much on a pile of gravel on the track. It was like I was a moth with a light bulb.

I had a crack at a lot of new situations today and I ache everywhere.

Thanks everyone, for their patience. While my DT 175 got through, it was a lot of work due poor braking and limited suspension, a very poor standing position, and an even more limited rider.

The others won't believe but I was faster a lot of the time. A lot of the climbs were tackled in second today, not first.

It's interesting, one of my other bikes is an old Yamaha TY250 trials bike and sitting down is avoided at all costs. Especially working through a section. The DT175 just seems to work better if you sit.

I am adding to my safety gear, I bought a Bell dirtbike helmet this week. Hard Yakka work pants and in-built knee pad were of value today, although not pukkah dirtbike gear. I am working on it.

I am starting to think a chook chaser may not be the way to go.

Thanks all, enough reds and I may feel the pain tomorrow??????
Peter Farrell
2017 Suzuki S40 Boulevard (cruising) - loned out
2006 Kawasaki KLE 500 (adventure) - loned out
1989 Suzuki TS 250 X (vinduro)
1986 Honda Goldwing 1200
1988 Honda Goldwing 1500
1976 TY250 (twin shock trials and officiating)
Last Edit: 08 Apr 2018 19:38 by Dr. Peter.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds