Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 22 Nov 2014 16:55 #6247

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
What a grouse ride was had by 1 and all. As the temperature prediction rose through the week the attendees dropped off, so was not sure who was going to be there in the end but as it turns out 4 of us bit the bullet and I am so glad the ride went ahead what a hoot of a ride.
Pommy Mat swung by my place to pick me and my bike up at 6.30am coming  straight from working all night so he was loaded with Redbull's but funny even though he spent most of the day flying of erosion mounds I could not see any wings on him. Anyway we arrived at the stockyard carpark right on 8am to find the place full of bikes, so a quick ask around about the large group and they where off to woods point for a 2 day ride so we let them take off . Very soon myself Mat, Gary and James where ready to go, so we set off at around 9 ish after waiting to see if there where any more takers. We where soon laughing at James with his 5 litre jerry strapped to his rear guard was soon falling off and Mat was having problems with sticky accelerator cables. We picked up a couple of blokes who where unsure on how to get to a particular ridding area so they tagged along with us for around 50klms.
We did Mormen Town Tk both ways, Britania Tk,Cricket ground tk,  Maden Town Tk, Gladestone Tk, Deep creek no 2 and No 4, Bins Rd, Mcevoys, Bark Hut Tk, Porters Creek Tk, Fultons Tk and Fultons Creek Tk and Army Tk, Deep Creek no 1 with no problems other than 1 downed tree on Gladestone had myself, Gary and James going back down for another go but no walk or climb of shame for anyone today.
We returned to the cars around 2.30pm with the riding temperature not going above 24 degrees and mainly overcast, but it was 26 degrees in Rawson on our return, but the predicted 29 was no where to be seen, so quick change and load up of the bike and gear, and into the pub for a quick bevy. The loop today only ended up being  110klm but was about 103klm of shear awesomeness. Thanks everyone for coming along. Mental note everyone for when you have to carry fuel on a ride, no strap ons, unless you have a proper pack rack to strap it onto, or you are strapping on a proper designed fuel bladder.  
1 Will Munro Tour Guide
2 Gary Clarke Tail support
3 Mat Creasey
4 James 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 23 Nov 2014 07:12 by Willbar. Reason: More details
The administrator has disabled public write access.

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 24 Nov 2014 10:25 #6273

• Btoan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
What shits me Will, you told me you where going to do a 200klm ride and we needed to carry enough fuel. Even with my large fuel tank and the few litres that I can carry in my back pack I will don't think I could get 200klm distance, thats why I didn't come, then I read you only did 110klm and my bike will do that easy even my normal tank.

I think the 29deg temp had nothing to do with people not coming, it would be more like trying to carry the ridiculous fuel load and not being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no fuel

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 24 Nov 2014 12:38 #6274

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Btoan wrote:
What shits me Will, you told me you where going to do a 200klm ride and we needed to carry enough fuel. Even with my large fuel tank and the few litres that I can carry in my back pack I will don't think I could get 200klm distance, thats why I didn't come, then I read you only did 110klm and my bike will do that easy even my normal tank.

I think the 29deg temp had nothing to do with people not coming, it would be more like trying to carry the ridiculous fuel load and not being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no fuel
At what point Bill did I say 200KLM ?, it was only every 170klm and around 17litres of fuel, we did an exploration ride and as with all exploration rides who knows exactly how much, but the hills would have been to steep for you anyway so what are you complaining about :)
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 24 Nov 2014 21:38 #6294

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
You got it all wrong Bill people didn't come because they don't like Wilbur IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FUEL ....

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 25 Nov 2014 09:33 #6308

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Zeb Colic wrote:
You got it all wrong Bill people didn't come because they don't like Wilbur IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FUEL ....
yea Bill.
folks u got to remember at some point we could be 80 odd klms away from the cars and if we had to do a 40 klm diversion cause a tree is down or a track is washed away how are you getting home if you only have fuel for 120klm. If you cant carry enough fuel for that sort of ridding id rather you didnt come. I choose coming home with some spare over on reserve any day, besides Bill we know its all about character building and I prefer my type of character building over running on empty.

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 25 Nov 2014 12:23 #6310

• Btoan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Wilbur what I was saying is if I knew you where only intending to 100 to 150 klm I would have come but you told me on the phone you where looking at doing around 200 klm.
I don't want to get in a bitch fight with you over this on a forum, will talk to you about it when I see you next.

"but the hills would have been to steep for you anyway so what are you complaining about  "

No pictures of me on this website trying to walk up a hill with a walking stick almost having a heart attack!!!........;);)

clubman Erica Mystery Ride 22/11/14 25 Nov 2014 13:14 #6315

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Btoan wrote:
Hey Wilbur what I was saying is if I knew you where only intending to 100 to 150 klm I would have come but you told me on the phone you where looking at doing around 200 klm.
I don't want to get in a bitch fight with you over this on a forum, will talk to you about it when I see you next.

"but the hills would have been to steep for you anyway so what are you complaining about  "

No pictures of me on this website trying to walk up a hill with a walking stick almost having a heart attack!!!........;);)
Sorry Frankie, by the way how's your Alzheimer's progressing Billy Moan :)
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds