Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: rawson to cheynes bridge

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 07:47 #5909

• broco5
  • Fresh Boarder
What a great ride about 160 ks covered  5 rider's and only two shitty ktms holding me up lol tracks were excellent but not suited to ktms or husqvarnas apparently but the Honda loved it.
Thanks for a great day guys it is one of my favorite rides . 
I do believe Gary has got a couple of photos to share of a bush walker we come across so keep an eye out and see if you recognize him...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 09:39 #5910

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Thank you for those kind reminders of a day that started by me thinking was this such a great idea as the water was falling from the sky very freely. Mat and I arrived early and the rain had stopped but by the time we where getting changed it started to fall once again.
We took off around 8.45 and headed for Walhalla via Mormon Town and Britania Tk, Lynton then guided us around the top of Walhalla to Maiden Town Tk and then we head up Gladstone Tk, this is where the fun began. Watching Lynton and Gary fail many times at the very slipper clay hill with lots of pinches to catch you out type hill in front of me really played with my head, after 3 cracks it was call my chauffeur Mat and for me to take the walk of shame or should I say the climb of shame. Rudi was struggling also, eventually we where all up after about an hr, we where off again to only get stuck on another clay pinch. The call came on the radio did you need me to send Mat down said Gary, Fark outh I could not even getting a footing to stand up, by this time the shit was really flowing thick and wearing thin, "whats wrong with your bike Willbar" "Would you like a cane to help you walk up the hill" "Whats wrong Willbar are you ok" no it was not R U Ok day you idiots, and then as I was riding some of this wonderful tracks the radio goes "where are you do you need a hand", Pretty soon I realised I had set my bike up for a dry ride so down with the rear tyre and take so Power valve out of it and it was much better suited to the wet slippery conditions. Eventually after about 2 hrs we had done 40klm, with 130 to 140 to go I was starting to work out in my head other options but once we where onto Deep creek 2 and 5 the rain had eased an a little less clay and a lot more rock, we where then onto Bin rd and its side trails and then onto Mcevoys down to Porters Crk Tk, everyone was flying by now accept for me, still fighting the demon's in my head , "Whats wrong with your bike was still being heard" "nothing the problem is with the rider today was my reply, with the demons gone and feeling more comfortable with the bike after the very minor changes I was starting to get into it by the time we reached the bridge at 1pm for lunch.  Every one was doing something to there bikes other than the Pom who was just wondering about how he was going to get all the bikes home that he had claimed to be his own after having to ride them so often. Although Rudi looked at his bike he forgot to fuel it up as pretty soon after taking off at 2pm after lunch he was having to put fuel in his bike as it had stopped. At lunch it was decided that we would head back the same way and avoid the planned deep Cr no 1 Tk so the ride back was pretty much in reverse, it was good to see Pommy Mat back into his old ridding style and really getting back into it and flying high off the erosion mounds. We arrived back at the cars just on 4.30 and we even had some dust on the way back and of coarse some more fun in the clay as we did the climb back into Rawson from the Thompson River. a big thanks to the other four for coming along, with rain on and off for what seamed like most of the day, and temps between 5degrees and 14degrees but we did have some magnificant sunshine on the Licola side of the ridge and even on the return home the sun was shinning on and off on the Rawson side. 
1, Will Munro Ride leader and Tailman most of the day.
2, Pommy Mat Joint ride leader
3, Lynton Mc also Joint leader
4, Rudi Joint walk of shame member
5, Gary Clarke Ive got the biggest shit stirring stick today.
Thanks everyone I did have a good day even with the character building.   
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 14:10 #5911

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Did you blokes have a bit of fun on the clay section north of the creek crossing on Deep Creek 2 ?

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 15:08 #5912

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Wiggy wrote:
Did you blokes have a bit of fun on the clay section north of the creek crossing on Deep Creek 2 ?

we had fun in all the clay but not sure if anyone actually got stuck at that bit, I think I needed 2 goes and Lynton a couple and Rudi 3 or 4 but we all got ourselfs up that bit. I think the issue seamed to be on the left where the right was just a little easier at that bit
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 16:04 #5913

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Any trees down on Mormontown ?

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 17:56 #5914

• Rudi
  • Expert Boarder
Best Ride Ever!!!!!!    :):):)

We had fun all day, starting in the morning with a slippy introduction to the day followed by steep ups (expert level stuff i might add)
i soon realized my limitations on the second steep up when Pommy Matt came to rescue and offered me the stick of shame.
Not a bad stick i thought at the time.
The ride got better and better as the day progressed.
Got to Cheynes bridge and had a well deserved lunch,  Matt desperately tried to get rid of his Hot-Dog.
Headed back after lunch and i just can't think why we didn't go back via Deep Creek:):)??
  After realizing that he had sufficient fuel for the day, Gary got on the gas!! Following him we flew down the  steep downs and creek crossings we finally got back to the slippery clay section and on towards Stockyards car-park.

Thanks Will :up:

And thanks to a great bunch of blokes for a ripper day.

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 20:23 #5915

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Wiggy wrote:
Any trees down on Mormontown ?
nothing to cause any problems

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 21:37 #5917

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Are you {we} going for a ride Wiggy
It's just more time to be flat out!

rawson to cheynes bridge 03 Nov 2014 22:14 #5918

• lynton mcphail
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Great day ,got some sore muscles today. Was certainly character building in the clay ,made me appreciate the rock and hard packed tracks. Wiggy, we went up Brittania trk ,love that one, onto cricket ground road ,no trees in our way. Gladstone, deep ck 2 and 5 have been graded a few soft parts ,but no problems.  On willbars longest climb of shame ,it was steep, I spotted a vulture sorry eagle circling above. Once the rain slowed and finaly stopped the tracks were magnificent ,even Rudi upped the pace like I have never seen before . Thanks for the assistance when me and my bike were horizontal in the clay and everyones sense of humour.   

rawson to cheynes bridge 04 Nov 2014 15:06 #5921

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
OK the bikes ready for the next ride, where do we want to go next ? :):up:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds