Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Woodside 18th and 19th October

Woodside 18th and 19th October 20 Oct 2014 10:58 #5663

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Woodside and the weather turned on another ideal weekend.  Not to mention the input of Bob (Sandra) and Johnny of course, who made the time most enjoyable.  I chickened a bit and booked a motel,  camping for one night is a drag, though I eventually stayed two nights to get most of the Sunday in as well. 
Woodside was traditionally a timber cutting area and as a legacy has a myriad of serviceable roads interconnected by  tracks.  The country is largely sandy,  fast flowing  and good fun.  There are a few areas where the sand borders on the loose side and anyone wishing to gain an introduction to sand will find it  a worthwhile experience.
After lunch we headed out to look at a few historical sights. There is the remnants of a timber tramway which has survived in spite of fires over the years.  A cows skull hanging on a tripod, probably a legacy of some voodoo past, and close to my heart the remains of some steam boilers, one dated 1912.
But we hadn't got far before we had a puncture to fix.  Sounds easy!,  but after about 3 tubes we finally had enough  air on the inside.  About a 100 k for the day and back to the cars for drinks and a chat around the fire.
I decided to stay for the second night, motel of course, a warm bed and a shower!.
Sunday was a bit low key, just J,B and me.  Johnny was attacked by a Black mountain lion, me a 2 metre black snake and Bob sighted an eagle, and we all admired an echidna waddling across the road.  Nature is so wonderful.
I had a most enjoyable weekend, easy riding and great company .
Thanks to Sandra and Johhny for putting it all on,  and Bob, Freddy, Zeb and Steve for your great company.
Phil R.
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014 14:08 by Phil Randall. Reason: missed a name
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Woodside 18th and 19th October 20 Oct 2014 19:46 #5677

• johnny d
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Wow,, what a great weekend, the weather was spot on, after a good drenching of rain on Thursday the tracks were in ideal condition, but as those that know Woodside/Mullungdung , doesn't take long to dry out so we did get a bit of dust in the afternoon as the dark "moes n beards' were in evidence back at the trailers,, not for me though;)..
 Bob and I arrived Friday evening and set up camp, soon to be joined by Mr Randall, we talked a bit of bulldust until we kicked him out to his motel.
 Steve a newish member rocked up in the wee small hours and set up his own camp in motel hilux and joined Bob and I for coffee albeit a bit bleary eyed in the morning.. Freddo rocked up soon after, followed by Bob (the duckettman)Duckett, Phil (Mr Randall-legend) Randall, and then Zeb(Zebby)Colic.. not a bad bunch for a last minute ride.
 Once all sorted and geared up (poor Steve, I'm sure he was having trouble working out these old grey haired geezers and dirtbikes thing),,, So with me in the lead and Zebby bringing up the tail on his wonderful 465( ting----ting----tingting- ting), off we went,, we did -Connection Track,,, Zebs Track,,,Steves track,,, Link Track,,, across to the start of the drag Strip, a quick youie after I got temporarily misplaced and down Skull Track for a quick visit ,on Freddo's insistence to to the Skull itself (que X-Files music),, then continued on to the new part of the loop, complete with Mullungdungs very own river crossing and big hill climb,,,, from there into the unknown-- a blast around young pine and blue gum plantation and then into familiar territory with Bobs Corner and up to the Helipad for a scenic view, always a great spot for a looksee,,, Bob and Phil decided to head back to camp by a more direct route from here , so I took the boys back via a more interesting series of tracks,, aahhhh, narrow track where have you been:D, from there back to camp for lunch.  From here we said goodbye to Steve ( poor bugger  was still full of the current flu bug) and Zeb said Adios too, but not after sampling my new 350, Freddo's newish 300 and Bobs crusty old 230,, will let Zeb tell you his thoughts, but he did look a picture on the butterfly and pink lip bejewelled TTR.
 So after lunch we headed out on a history ride of Mullungdung, but not before the curse of the flat tyre was upon one of us:shock:,, Freddo (Dunlop, Kenda) Flats, who else.............................................., Whilst this was going on I showed Phil an old Tram line Fred and  I had stumbled across on one of our track finding missions,, so after the flat(s) were fixed it was of to the old steam boilers where Phil educated us on the workings and history of the aforementioned boilers,, thankyou so much Phil you filled in a lot of unanswered questions for me,, I'm sure I could see a glint in you eye as you described the intricasies of boilers to us uneducated,, Time was by now now ticking on and I'm sure I could hear the gully system calling me ,so once back at camp,, Bob D, Freddo and myself made a bee line for the hidden treasure of this great riding area...I arrived back at camp, with a smile a mile wide and the sound of the gully system still in my ear, but now time for beer and bullshit and a farwell to Bob D and the Flatman.    Phil, Bob and I cranked up the fire after steaks and fried tomatoes and fart beans,,, kicked Phil out about 9ish and staggered off to bed myself..
Sundays ride was a real cruisy one,, covered old favourites - Fenceline,,,Sandy Woopy,,,,Feral,,,Emu,,,Goanna,,,Greenhouse,,,Dragstrip,,,Connection
easy flowing fun tracks.....
Thanks to everyone who joined us on this last minute ride,,, thanks to Zeb for am tail and Bob D for pm tail... Freddo Phil and Steve for the company and laughs and last but not least wee wifey Bob for the banana cake.....
 If anyone wants to find out the history behind the colourfully named tracks ,get your backsides down on the next ride, or give me or Bob a bell we are always out there................................................................................................................................................
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014 20:03 by johnny d.

Woodside 18th and 19th October 20 Oct 2014 20:09 #5679

• Stevodrztractor
Still feel feel like crap

Woodside 18th and 19th October 20 Oct 2014 20:13 #5680

• Stevodrztractor
On a good note glad I got to ride on Saturday and hope I'm still alive to ride this weekend:)

Woodside 18th and 19th October 21 Oct 2014 18:00 #5698

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
pics from the day....
Attachments:
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014 18:11 by sandra bob. Reason: add

Woodside 18th and 19th October 21 Oct 2014 18:09 #5699

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Oh dear 
Attachments:
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014 18:29 by sandra bob. Reason: pic
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds