Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville

Marysville 11 Nov 2018 22:27 #28140

• Stuart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Great to see some new faces for today’s ride. First flat tyre for the day was changed at the meeting point before we had even started, not an ideal start to the day.
Once we got going the pace was cruisey & enjoyable & flowed really well with just enough dust to grind in your teeth from the enthusiastic punters. I think it was around the second regroup that Peter got a flat, so whilst it was being fixed Mark took  the others on a 1/2 hr loop.
All done & we’re off to the Black Range side for a play. We had to stop at the hwy as we had a bike with a wobbly wheel, yep wheel bearings, or lack of brought us to another stop. We had an early lunch whilst Mark rode back to the cars, grabbed a trailer returned, picked up the drz & took him back to the cars. 
Off again & the road was covered in what can best be described as railway ballast, bloody big loose gravel. Not more than tens minutes in & it’s another flat. That sorted  we made our way to the Dom Dom side & fuel was becoming an issue for some.
We were in the fortunate position of having a drz with what appeared to be 20L still left in the Safari tank so a little bit of decanting & we’re all good again. Home via some tighter tracks & we’re all done for the day.
Thanks Mark for putting on the ride.
Cheers Stuart
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Itchsta

Marysville 12 Nov 2018 07:55 #28142

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Is it time for another - How to check Wheel Bearings before the ride tutorial?
It's just more time to be flat out!

Marysville 12 Nov 2018 08:58 #28143

• Itchsta
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the good day lads!! Thanks Stuart for the patch up and holding back!! Appreciated!!

Marysville 12 Nov 2018 18:37 #28153

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Apart from all the dramas, it was a good ride.  A bit dusty in the arvo, but that was mostly on the open trails.
First puncture for the AJP - the tube was getting on a bit in age, so probably a good time to replace it anyway.

My legs are still aching, so it looks like I got some decent exercise.

Thanks for putting it on again Mark, and to Stuart for being tailman all day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Husky-Mark
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds