Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Hoddles Creek 6/10

Hoddles Creek 6/10 07 Oct 2018 21:25 #27747

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
We had perfect weather , not much dust and an early start.
Seano and Koala man set the excitement levels , Darren did Tail man and we set off 2k up the road and straight into some tight narrow stuff meandering along the creek to the power lines , then into some overgrown track on a 3k loop ( gully track) from 20 years ago  includes a few crossings and a 5m high berm of a gully , and a few logs to get over, great fun 
After another similar track we had a smoko break overlooking a vinyard

Straight back into a fresh deep loam loop and out onto the power lines
We then went 2 ways to the top of "Weiny track" at similar times , and had another rest stop
From there we were on more open tracks, down a rutted 4wd track and up another steep 4by
We met up with a lone rider and invited him to join us for a while and head off on more fast flowing sandy skatey track out to the power lines .
By this stage the pace was fast and we did a 20ish K loop on a badly ruttted 4wd section and back for some fast retrace back
at the next regroup we notice the rear axil nut off Jases bike missing , so had to patch it up with cable ties to cruise back
Pretty much made a bee line home for 100Ks

I think we all had a get off or 2 , had a wide range of challenges , banged bars on trees and generally agood time 

stopped to check the map in a new section 

had just 2 narrow strips to ride across and about half metre deep mud holes on either sides

cant quite see if the axil nut was missing yet in this picy

I cant up load video from my phone , but there 2 vids on Facebook of Seano and Jase cutting loose up this hill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason375

Hoddles Creek 6/10 08 Oct 2018 06:40 #27750

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks again Jeff, I always enjoy your rides, this one was no exception, a great mix of terrain and soil types. Its so exciting going to a new area to explore, especially with a  knowledgeable guide. I counted about 150 logs all up. The crew was great. Thanks to Seano for having a good spares kit. Will have to make some repairs this week including the front fork seals. 
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"

Hoddles Creek 6/10 08 Oct 2018 12:42 #27759

• DarrenD
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks Jeff.  Had a ball.  Plenty of narrow stuff which was fun.  Glad the end of the day was more open and flowing as my bike fitness is not fantastic. Thanks again and hopefully catch up on your next ride.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds