Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Scott's Sunday Scoot

Scott's Sunday Scoot 22 Apr 2018 20:04 #25700

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Well, I had fun!

Onion, Dennis and Geoff met me at my place and we headed down to Koo Wee Rup to go for a ride with Scott.  It was a coolish morning and quite overcast, but all the weather girls said it was gonna be a fine and sunny day, so we shrugged off and concerns and headed south.

We were met by Scott, with offerings of fresh muffins (thanks Chelsea) and coffee (thanks Lyn), and we headed off in search of some interesting roads.  Scott had a plan, but we soon hi-jacked that!  We took in some local tar and gravel roads, travelling through towns that I've regularly seen sign-posted, but never actually been to.  Places like Lang Lang, Caldermere,  Glen Alvie and Nyora.  Mind you, there's not much to see in these Hamlets, but some of the roads linking them are brilliant!

We had a very civilized lunch at Archie's Couch (Archie's Creek) and struggled to get motivated and head back out....but we did!  Geoff bee-lined it home after lunch, but the rest of us headed back to Koo Wee via Glen Alvie, Poo Wong (if you can't Poo Right) and Athlone.  

No dramas for the day, although Scotty came into one corner a little hot and got a little un-tidy, but recovered well.  The big (old) Yammy ran like a dream and we all enjoyed ourselves.

Scott's ride ran around 200ks, but given that we'd traveled form Melbourne, the rest of us knocked up around 350k. 

Thanks for a great day out, mate.

Sorry, didn't take many pics.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scott's Sunday Scoot 22 Apr 2018 21:12 #25702

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey Serge , it was my pleasure mate , glad you and hopefully the other good gents enjoyed it too . Now to get back to work and think about where we can go next !! Thanks again for coming down boys . Regards Scotty 

Scott's Sunday Scoot 23 Apr 2018 08:05 #25704

• dennisd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Yep it was a great day out on the bikes in good company. Thanks Scott and the rest for a really good social day out with some fun roads to ride.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds