Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville 11th Dec

Marysville 11th Dec 11 Dec 2016 20:41 #19396

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Blue skies and pleasant temperatures were how we started the day, and things only got better as the day progressed.

Only 7 riders this time – a good sized group for keeping things flowing smoothly, but far less than the norm for Marysville. I guess the lure of all that ‘Christmas Cheer’ kept a lot of people at home this weekend.

Mark was my ‘co-ride leader’/mentor for the day – From a ride leader’s perspective, I don’t yet know the tracks up there well enough, so he was there to point me in the right direction and help me learn where I was in relation to where I wanted to go. It worked well!

After a short warm-up session to the top of the hill, it was clear that there were no L1’s amongst the group, so the pace was stepped up a little. We covered a good range of open tracks within the triangle in a very short time, and then began to play on a few of the more challenging sections.

We found a few tricky tracks that were new to me, and had an attempt to get up the Woods Lookout track – a rocky climb with lots of granite open-faced steps and loose stones. I stuffed up my line and got to watch Mark go steaming past, only to have his bike throw him off on a rocky outcrop. Landing on his feet, Mark then proceeded to try running back down the entire slope, getting quicker and quicker with each step. Eventually gravity won, and Mark hit the ground hard. Thankfully he was only winded, and his bike undamaged, but we decided to abort any further attempts of the climb.

Lunch was by the creek outside Marysville, and then it was back onto the bikes for the arvo session.

We headed over to the Dom Dom Saddle side of the road, and had a play on Strickland Link track and back down Strickland Spur track – rocky and fun!. Then it was time to do some of the loops near Mt Dom Dom which we had covered on Michael’s ride a couple of weeks ago.

Fuel was getting low by that point, so we headed back to the cars at around 3pm with 110kms on the speedo.

Thanks to everyone who came along on the ride, to Paul for being tailman for the day, and to Mark for the great track suggestions!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason375

Marysville 11th Dec 11 Dec 2016 22:37 #19398

• Paul b
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks  Flipper, 
Had  a great day, it has been a while since i have been out on the bike but it was a good reminder about why Amtra is such a good club.... everybody just having a good time and a laugh.
Thanks also to Mark for helping with the track selection. Thanks Paul

Marysville 11th Dec 12 Dec 2016 19:33 #19407

• karl
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks Peter and Mark (and the tailgunner sorry forgot name)
Such an awesome day out, a good fun bunch and as a consequence I ended up joining AMTRA last night.
My thighs and forearms are still aching, but I reckon I'll be right for the next trip.

Thanks again - Karl
2005 BMW HP2
2017 KTM 500
(Super Tenere, zrx900,fj1200,fj1100,gpz1100,vf750,sr500,ts250) - all retired

Marysville 11th Dec 12 Dec 2016 21:17 #19408

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Had an awesome day again, some new tracks were a lot of fun, Flipper and Mark lead a great varied ride, and a great bunch of blokes made the day very enjoyable, looking forward to the next one
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"

Marysville 11th Dec 12 Dec 2016 21:50 #19410

• Stuart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
What a great day for riding it was on Sunday. Thank you Peter for hosting the ride, job well done. Whilst it was advertised as a Level 1-2  the day was taylored to suit the ability of the group with a great mix of  4wd tracks, climbs & some open tracks to cool down on. Thanks to Mark for supporting Peter, tips on bike set up & advice on negotiating some of the more difficult sections. I was surprised how far I got with the right advice & not being pressured to get a wriggle on. Thanks Paul for doing tail duties all day & the rest of the boys for making it one of the best days I've spent riding.
Bit stiff & sore today, must have slept in a funny position.
Last Edit: 14 Dec 2016 22:30 by Stuart.

Marysville 11th Dec 13 Dec 2016 07:21 #19412

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves - we aim to please! :)
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds