Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Phils Maysville ride Nov-13

Phils Maysville ride Nov-13 13 Nov 2016 18:02 #19075

• themains
  • Fresh Boarder
The weather man said rain on Sunday and guess what? he was right. It was raining in Healesville and it kept raining. So six hearty souls decided to head out into the rain and see what the tracks were like. about 5km in Phil does a U turn and headed back to the car park. Whats wrong Phil, "I'm done"a silence went over the car park, "done" you mean retirement from riding? "I think so" says Phil, but master Yoda what do I do? "lead the ride" says he. aarrhh, so 4 of us head back out and do a 40km loop of some really fun tracks, hills and slippery bits, but alas, we were all soaked, so back to cars around noon and dry off, to head home.
Phil, hopefully this will not be your last ride, but thank you for all the rides you have put on,
Andrew Main
(started as tailman and finished as ride leader)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Phils Maysville ride Nov-13 13 Nov 2016 18:36 #19077

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
All,
         As Andrew has jumped the gun a bit I guess it is up to me to clarify the position.   Today was wet and slippery, and my fear of falling off has been getting stronger for some time.   I probably should have called the ride off last night, but the vagrancies of Melbourne weather just told me it would be better over the spur.
         Any way, it has been on my mind for some time, my riding over cup weekend was slow and scary on the easiest of tracks.   Today was a continuation of that level of fear and apprehension.
          So!   we need a ride leader to keep up the Marysville tradition.

Come on fella's, it is not hard.  In fact it is easier than just following along as YOU chose the tracks etc.

See you at the meeting,
Phil R.

Phils Maysville ride Nov-13 13 Nov 2016 20:07 #19079

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Hold your head very high Mr Randle  you have done such an awesome job over the many years of leading rides, if it was not for you and all your encouragement I may have not kept ridding, I am happy to fill the gap where I can but can not do it every month or even every two mths but happy to help were ever I can, also happy to put u in touch with a sports psychologist if you want to get rid of those fears
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds