Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Cobaw Sunday 16th October 2016

Cobaw Sunday 16th October 2016 19 Oct 2016 15:29 #18832

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
                 It finally came to pass.  Matts first ride back in Cobaw for some time.   Matt, Scott and myself waved the flag and assembled at Cobaw in brilliant sunshine. There was a few other bikes about, so we were not going to have the place to ourselves.    It is a challenging place to ride, with its sandy, rock filled terrain.  The wind and rain has left its mark with numerous washouts and fallen trees.  Matt still seemed to know his directions, but there was a lot more available than we covered.  A couple of 4x4s showed us their skills on a fallen log and bog hole crossing.  No wonder there are some bottomless pits!!. By the time lunchtime had arrived, I had had enough so a more leisurely loop down the main forest road was in order. Matt and Scott sussed out a few of the branch tracks and came across a young bloke on a ktm, broken down with no real idea of where he was.  Eventually we got him back to his car and all was well.
                A good time to remind riders of the folley in riding alone.  By that time the sun was moving in the ominous direction and time to go home.    The promised rain finally arrived when we fronted Maccas, I dropped off Matt and had an unadventurous drive home.
                It is a great riding spot.  Those of you who like a mild challenge will have a ball.
                Thanks Matt and Scott for a good day  and your help on the rocky hills.
Phil R.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cobaw Sunday 16th October 2016 20 Oct 2016 13:23 #18844

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Have seen 4x4's out there before but there were a lot on Sunday, probably 4-5 different groups.

For a small forest there is a lot of tracks there you can ride.

Most of the tracks are in a pretty poor state. Makes for some challenging riding at Level 2, as nearly all tracks had at least one section that required a bit of effort to ride through, and not so easy to work out a Level 1 ride. Followed one track along until it just stopped in a mess of fallen trees. Others were passable, but you would get in some bother if you got the line wrong as options were limited.

With only 3 of us it was easy to back track and the ride after lunch got a good look at some of the other tracks that will get explored on the next one.

Thanks to Phil and Scott for coming along, so I could get a look at what Cobaw is like now. Still good but not the place if you don't like rocks and ruts.
The older I get, the slower I was.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds