Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Frankie’s Churchill ride 27th March 2016

Frankie’s Churchill ride 27th March 2016 28 Mar 2016 22:44 #15374

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
With my wife in the UK for a month I couldn't resist going on Will's ride on the Saturday then the offer of a nights accommodation with a test ride of a lowered KATO 200 I couldn't resist going on Frankie's ride as well.

It is true I have never ridden a 2 stroke unless I count my Puch moped I had when I was a kid in the UK, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that but it was the great at the time. Frankie's little 200 had been lowered so it was really easy to touch the ground which was great in the tight tracks. Being under a hundred Kg's the bike was easy to throw into the corners, it was like riding a BMX bike. The power of the 200 was surprizing good, however I weigh around 65kg's for anybody over this I think you would find it underpowered. With the bike being so lite it was easy to ride and great fun. Thanks Frankie for putting me up for the night and letting me ride your bike I had a great time.

Cheers Colin

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Frankie’s Churchill ride 27th March 2016 28 Mar 2016 23:14 #15376

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
colinp wrote:
With my wife in the UK for a month I couldn't resist going on Will's ride on the Saturday then the offer of a nights accommodation with a test ride of a lowered KATO 200 I couldn't resist going on Frankie's ride as well.

It is true I have never ridden a 2 stroke unless I count my Puch moped I had when I was a kid in the UK, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that but it was the great at the time. Frankie's little 200 had been lowered so it was really easy to touch the ground which was great in the tight tracks. Being under a hundred Kg's the bike was easy to throw into the corners, it was like riding a BMX bike. The power of the 200 was surprizing good, however I weigh around 65kg's for anybody over this I think you would find it underpowered. With the bike being so lite it was easy to ride and great fun. Thanks Frankie for putting me up for the night and letting me ride your bike I had a great time.

Cheers Colin

Glad you enjoyed the bike mate, I think you are to used to ya 350 mate, I'm 87 kg I don't fined it under powered, as I said you have to ride it like a mx bike, I had a go at the play hill when I did the top end rebuild & almost made it to the top, but being on my own I thought I better not have another go. as I said I prefer to ride the 300 because it's got more power, more power makes it easier to ride, I must say put a fast rider like my son on it a lot of people would find it hard to keep up with him no matter what they are  riding, I'm talking narrow tracks.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2016 23:24 by Frankieboy.

Frankie’s Churchill ride 27th March 2016 29 Mar 2016 07:08 #15378

• simonj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Colin good effort doing both rides...! Frankie's ride sounds great, I won't miss the next one.... ! (Not a bad club, three rides offered over Easter.........).  I agree with Frankie about the 200... and I can assure you there is plenty of bottom end power for the hills, don't worry! The only reason I went for the 300 this time was to try something different after two 200's in a row...
 I presume you've seen this? 
www.ktm.com/au/news/aus/last-chance-to-g...legendary-ktm-weapon    
Cheers, Simon J

Frankie’s Churchill ride 27th March 2016 29 Mar 2016 20:10 #15401

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks Frankie and Simon, the 200 has plenty of power, I loved riding the bike. Thanks again Frankie.

It was an article in Australian Dirt Bike Mag about how the bike was being discontinued that got me thinking about buying one. I sold my daughter CRF 230 without telling her. Needless to say she was fed up, in hind sight I should have kept it. Looking on the positive side, it gives me a reason to look for a bike we could both ride which the 200 fits the bill. Cheers Colin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds