Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 28 Apr 2015 19:49 #9841

• johnny d
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
What a fantastic weekend !  Perfect riding conditions for sure.
  Would I have been standing there if not for the sacrifices of the brave men and woman who gave so much and continue to do so which in turn allows me to go dirtbike riding and enjoy the life I have, just something I pondered whilst the last post was playing, and yes a tear or two did fall.
  Saturdays ride was near on perfect for me, although I did have a gumby moment on the first technical hill,, my how things change with a little bit of moisture, so after my 3rd attempt I did get to the top,, slightly miffed with myself none the less,, my mojo certainly returned and everything else just flowed well... Jeff even managed to roost the bejeesus out of me too, that'll teach me to gee him up , but it was a section of road that just begged to be ridden at pace.... Lunch was a veritable banquet - salad rolls, cakes, Anzac bikkies, lollies, hot drinks, cold drinks -delicious.  Cruisey ride back in the afternoon doing tail,  all in all a bloody top day, one of the best!
 Sundays ride was also in near perfect conditions, especially after the down pour we had during the night, awesome tracks, made even more awesome with a bit of moisture on them, Lunch at Lloyds hut -another feast -a hot lunch this time m mmmm, after lunch it was into the deep creek series of tracks, once again I had a gumby moment riding out of deep creek 4, it must be the steep hills, don't get many of them out Stradbroke way,, so after giving myself a bloody good talking too I made it up to the others on my 4th go, much to everyones amusement- yeah whatever. everything clicked into place again and no more problems, deep creek 1 was awesome, riding down the creek bed over the rocks was something else, did I say it was awesome...
   Thanks Al and Jeff for organising and leading
   Thanks to Helen, Shaz, Bob, Darren, Al and Coop for support
   Thanks Lefty for tailman
   Thanks to everyone else who came for the laughs with out you guys rides like this wouldn't be as memorable as this one is going to be for me.
   Al, Bob, Helen and Shaz you guys deserve a medal for cleaning up the dorm after the state we left it in,, thankyou so much.......
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 28 Apr 2015 20:52 #9849

• boots
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Another well organized weekend with no bullshit, that's what AMTRA should be all about, just getting out there and riding. Great effort by Al and Jeff and the tireless backup and lunch crew.  Thanks to the tails, Lefty and Johnny, who made sure everybody got home safely, special thanks to Lefty who encouraged me on Sun morn to get back out there, a decision I certainly did not regret.
On ya bike....!

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 29 Apr 2015 17:00 #9876

• Jeff Davey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Big thanks to Al for his Saturday loop great fun as all ways.
Can't forget to thank the AMTRA angels for their great work over the weekend.
And also our assorted tailmen you know who you are thank you, won't bore you with details of the ride but  I do have some photos.

He who dies with the most TOYS wins
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2015 17:45 by Jeff Davey.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 29 Apr 2015 17:10 #9877

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I love the smell of Deep Creek in the morning

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 29 Apr 2015 18:11 #9882

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Just a quick word from one of the support crew...

What a fantastic weekend....you guys are hilarious and had me laughing most of the 2 days.

de Prop twins.....thanks for the coffee and the education...  :D
Lefty.....walking in on your conversation where all I heard was Man Sex has left me scarred...and confused.... :shock: :down:

Darren.....my newest "gal pal" for life....a truly fabulous bonding session ... :D

Jeff and Helen ...for organising our Anzac Day Ceremony...that had me crying...  :(....but for all the right reasons.

Cooper kid...for  hangin out and being a good kid.... :up:

Rossi.... for tolerating me :shock:

Shaz......will thank you NOT to wear your Ford jacket in my company next time .... ;)

Darren...just for being one of the girls.... ;)

Al.....thanks for being with us Sunday....we might have got a bit stuck without you .... :shock:

Seano....for not calling me Sandra and jumping the coffee queue and waiting your turn.......JEFFREY!!!! .... :angry:

Johnny....just for being my hubby....:)

Darren....for being a fab chick ..... :)

Seano.... just watching you massage Darrens shoulders was a truly amazng experience.

To everyone who made the weekend what it was....cheers to you all....

BUT......my special mention goes to Helen.....I was lucky enough to be buddied up with this wonderful lady in her 4wd along with Missy....for 2 days...she is the best 4wd'r around....keeps a cool head even in trying times on the roads....and drives beautifully.

I really enjoyed my time with this great lady. So thank you Helen....

And yes you boys are messy and dirty, but it was an absoloute pleasure to be there to support you all.....Your a great bunch of blokes...(Darren too ;)).......

I will be support crew for you clowns anyday !!

Till next time ...luv  from Bob
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2015 18:19 by sandra bob. Reason: text

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 30 Apr 2015 10:22 #9886

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Sound like - Bugger the Ride, the support crew is where it's at - how many spare seats girls ;):)  
It's just more time to be flat out!

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 30 Apr 2015 10:36 #9887

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Ken R wrote:
Sound like - Bugger the Ride, the support crew is where it's at - how many spare seats girls ;):)  

Anytime Ken    we girls do rock......dont we Darren :shock:
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 30 Apr 2015 13:32 #9890

• jhaylock
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
A big thank you to all on behalf of the De Prop twins. It's weekend like this ANZAC 2 day ride, that remind me why I love this crazy sport and why I feel so proud, lucky and humbled to be surrounded by such good "salt of the earth" people. Cheers everyone!! Chris De Propertis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 30 Apr 2015 14:03 #9891

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Was great to have both you and ouch along for the weekend. 
Will text msg you with details for next years ride.
Al
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2015 14:04 by Al.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 30 Apr 2015 14:51 #9892

• DarrenD
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
sandra bob wrote:
Ken R wrote:

Anytime Ken    we girls do rock......dont we Darren :shock:

When Saturday morning came around and it dawned on me that I was stuck with the girls for the day I thought I'd better get my sorry ar5e on my bike.  Getting on the bike was not going to happen so it looked like Coop and I were set for a bad day.

I had met Bob once before, Shaz a couple of times and never met Helen before.  By the end of the day I felt like I had known these ladies for a long time.  Obviously would have preferred to be out on the bike but I must say I had a very enjoyable day.

My observations for the day

I need to learn how to shut off like Coop
Need to remember to take alcohol when I am a passenger 
JohnnyD deserves some sort of medal or award
The girls are very well organised
Al runs his rides very well
It was great to see the whole group get on really well

Thanks to Al & Jeff for their efforts organising the weekend.  Sorry I missed the ride part but I will be a definite starter (riding or support) next time.  It was great to see the whole group get on really well.

And Ken you can jump in the queue and we may let you ride in one of the vehicles one day.

And yes Bob We girls do rock!! 
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2015 14:58 by DarrenD.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds