Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 26 Apr 2015 16:22 #9766

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
We observed a minutes silence prior to the ride to reflect on those who gave so much for our country and us. Thanks for the poem Leslie, it was touching.

Anyone who has been on one of Al's rides knows they will be well organised and challenging. We were not disappointed.
We headed off at 9am from the Stockyard pub into some excellent tracks. Open, tight, steep, rocky and slick in places. The weather gods behaved and the forecast 20-40mm was only light drizzle with the odd shower.
Just as the stomach started to grumble around 1pm we pulled up at the AMTRA lunch tent. Cold drinks, coffee and rolls with a choice of fillings. How great is that! Thanks Bob, Shaz, Leslie and bad back Darren D.
After lunch we continued on with some excellent challenges. I must thank Johnny D for helping me on that slippery hill when a cramp got the better of me - your a champion mate.
Thanks Al and all for a great day.
cheers Tony

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 26 Apr 2015 16:35 #9768

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
........and thanks to our tail men- Lefty & JohnnyD.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 27 Apr 2015 00:02 #9778

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Thanks Tony.
Was great to have you along. And very glad you enjoyed the ride.
Leslie would be Helen though.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 27 Apr 2015 06:19 #9779

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
My apologies to Helen (brain fade) and Darren, I hope you back is feeling better. 

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 27 Apr 2015 08:44 #9780

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Is that Scott Dorman standing behind the bridge?
It's just more time to be flat out!

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 27 Apr 2015 09:21 #9781

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
No Kenny.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 27 Apr 2015 17:19 #9791

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Fantastic weekend. There would have been a lot of organising involved in arranging all the food and logistics.
Thanks to Shaz, Helen and Bob for lunches on Sat and Sun and cleaning up after us and I guess just in general for putting up with us.
Saturday ride - Thanks to Al for leading us through a mix of tight, challenging and sometimes overgrown tracks and Lefty and Johnny for doing tail man duties. In places it was really slippery and by the end of the day i knew I had been out riding.
A few soothing ales and dinner at the pub soon sorted me out. The Stockyard pub give you huge meals. i couldn't finish my dinner or my breakfast. PS I'm not complaining.
It rained pretty much solidly all Saturday night so at breakfast on Sunday morning when it was still raining a few of us decided we did not want to brave the wet and cold and, as we had already had an excellent day on Saturday on the bikes, we would quit while we were ahead. Maybe half an hour or so later, all the others were getting ready, the weather seemed the brighten up a bit, we changed our minds again and decided we didn't want to miss out after all.
I'm really glad I rode on Sunday. In places it was slippery as ice but it didn't rain too much and we ended up having a great day. Jeff led us up and down big challenging hills. I'm not sure of the order we did them in, but I think we did Deep Creeks 1, 2 and 4 as well as a myriad of other challenging tracks. Fortunately the river crossings were all ok. I'm not sure where all the rain went to but I was a bit concerned we might have a problem with the rivers.  Lunch was a bbq affair at a shack out in the middle of nowhere (burgers, snags, salads, cakes you name it).
Thanks to Jeff for leading Sundays ride and Johnny and Lefty for tailman duties and to the ladies and Al for lunch. 
I'm a bit sore and tired and it's nice to sit in a chair again but thanks to everyone for an absolutely excellent weekend.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 27 Apr 2015 18:56 #9797

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Ditto, Mark. You said just about all I had to say. The weekend had a real good feel about it and the riding just topped it off. A bunch of real nice people with a common interest and love for riding. The ANZAC "On the 25th of April 1915, Australian and New Zealand soldiers formed part of the allied expedition that set out to capture
the Gallipoli peninsula" tribute by Helen (AKA Leslie) was both touching and beautiful. The raising of the flag by young Coop and the playing of the last post by Jeff brought some people to tears, me included.
After that Al Mason (Dr Death) took us on a magical mystery ride through some of the most technical tracks you could only wish for.  At the end of the day there is nothing better than a hot shower,cold beer and huge feed. We all had that, and more. Great banter back at the dorm.
Sunday greeted us with overcast skies and a chance of rain, but Jeff Davey (Dr Death 2) took us on a fast (for some) free wheel'n tour of the deep creek area and more, wait, there's more. Weather turned out to be perfect. You can probably fill in the blanks with the times I haven't covered with your imagination and times it by 3. Congrats to all who attended and made it a great weekend. Special mention goes to the ladies who kept the home fires burning, Bob, Shaz, Helen and Darren. Pauly (George Michael), for making the trip from Sydney. And finally to Johnny for going the extra mile and decorating his bike in remembrance, outstanding effort.
Till next time,
Lefty.

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 28 Apr 2015 07:37 #9808

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks boy's for the reports.
Starting the day with the service really was a great touch, thanks Helen and Jeff for making that happen. Coop was so proud at school yesterday at the ANZAC assembly to tell his class how he had raised the flag and why.

I had a great weekend and was right at home in the conditions on Saturday. I'd have to be, its Fumina and that the place at its best. The group nearly all arrived on Friday night and a lot of us got to enjoy dinner together that night to. This weekend re affirmed why i like playing ride leader, and with the support from Jeff and Helen made the 2 day do able once again for me.
Cheers to you both, that was a huge couple weeks leading up to it for me, and taking on so much of the work load was a huge benifit.
To all those that came the smiles and stories, made this a very rewarding weekend for me.
Thanks to Bob, Shaz, Helen, Coop and Daz for the support crew, as that is a huge part of rides like these. Both for enjoyment and making them possible.
Al

Fumina / Rawson 2 day - Anzac day w/end 28 Apr 2015 17:30 #9830

• oobgolfer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Great to read a ride report with such postive comments and obviously great vibes from the group.Well done to all. Wish I had been there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds