Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Rawson Clubman 18/4/15

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 19 Apr 2015 18:34 #9645

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
3 of us ventured out to an absolutely dust free ride but also a vision free ride for around 90klms of the 110klms covered.
Mat and I met Rossi at the stockyard pub carpark at 8am and had trouble finding Rossi due to the thick mist and fog. A quick catch up and change and we where off up going straight into the clay like ice rink down to the Thompson and then across and up the telecom track, as I said in the other post about the MotoZ I could not believe the grip out of this tyre in the clay and loose stone like climbing sections but before we new it we where at deep creek 1 and the ride through the creek was the smoothest  Ive ever had and plenty of grip.
THe last steep snotty climb on number 1 was where we all had to go back down an have another go, Rossi was up the second time and Mat the same but even though I got much further up the 2nd time and almost to the top it's here I found the fault with the wonderful MotoZ hybrid. Mat came and had a go, and then went back down and then down again and reached the top this time, we where then off to deep creek number 5 and again all was good till this one sect where I just ran out of drive grip, Mat and Rossi where the same so we all headed back down for another go, I was 1st and again even though getting further up the 2nd time it was so hard to turn the bike around to go back for another go I pulled the pin on Number 5 and we headed for number 4 where we all got through with a little work at one hill with having to go back down then up again.
The mist and fog was getting so thick at this time we only had around 20 feet of visibility, we had lunch and decided that we would head to Chaynes bridge, but as we headed to Porters creek track the visibility was getting even worse. 
We regrouped at PC Track and at this point we all voted to head back toward Rawson so we headed for Fults TK and Fultons creek track where as soon as we turned on to it we found magnificent sunlight and no visibility issues, this was host lived though cause as soon as we where just about back at Binns rd we where fogged in once again, we then headed for Deep creek number 2 and then roa back down number 1 an then head back to the cars reaching the carpark just after 3ish with 110klms it was quick change and pack up and into the pub for a wild turkey or maybe 2 and lots of shit stirring, mainly about my MotoZ tyre and my inability to get up all the hills.
Even though the weather was bit scary at times and was a very physical day and wet day at times, was still better than being at work or laying pavers or hanging curtains type of day and as usual enjoyed the company of two other top blokes for a few hours. 

Will Munro Husaberg TE300 Ride leader/ Tailman
Mat Creasey Husky 511
Rossi Ranyard Husky TE310
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 19 Apr 2015 19:12 #9647

• boots
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks Will for stepping into Gazs shoes and letting me warm up before next weeks ride. Was good to catch up with pommy Mat again.. 

Cheers Rossi
On ya bike....!

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 19 Apr 2015 19:17 #9648

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Was out north of Licola on Sat, visibility was pretty much the same.

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 19 Apr 2015 19:34 #9649

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Wiggy wrote:
Was out north of Licola on Sat, visibility was pretty much the same.
Wiggy I now know what Precipitation means on the weather forecast , it did say 100% and I think thats what we had :) I think it was worse than dust, at least with use you can wait till it clears
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 21 Apr 2015 19:40 #9678

• Dozerp
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi willbar
Can you point me in the right direction for the L2 Glenburn ride new member
Thanks

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 21 Apr 2015 20:10 #9679

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Dozer, pm Evo as he's organising the L2 Glenburn ride.

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 21 Apr 2015 20:19 #9680

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Dozerp wrote:
Hi willbar
Thanks

www.amtra.com.au/index.php?option=com_ku...2&id=1141&Itemid=558
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 24 Apr 2015 13:26 #9734

• Evo
Dozerp wrote:
Hi willbar
Thanks

Sorry mate its cancelled

Rawson Clubman 18/4/15 24 Apr 2015 15:28 #9736

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Why i was going to come on it :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds