Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Hcr 2015

Hcr 2015 23 Mar 2015 13:39 #9045

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Arived late Thursday night to set up camp, Got up early Friday to ride to with a small group to Harrietville for a pub lunch and a nice 130km ride, an awesome day of riding with no issues,  Friday night at Abbeyard was an amazing vibe really enjoyed talking to other riders and having some Steam and Fried dim sims for dinner. 

Day 1: Go up early to have breakfast as always the catering was spot on all weekend. Got Geared up pre ride briefing off from the start line through some nice single into some awesome fire trails and creek crossing  some very steep up hills followed by down hills weather was perfect with amazing views, on the way to the lunch point managed to puncture the front tube did a quick change over. Lunch was great refuel my self and the bike to head off to find that i had lost my rear brakes 10km down the road :( continued on front only until i managed to bake them to the point of no return reluctantly had to put my bike on the back of the ute hitch a ride back to the camp with a few others that had breakdowns. 

Saturday night was awesome with me winning the prize for guessing the most popular entered bike the KTM 300

Day 2: i was out due to breakdown on day 1 so helped out with some traffic management that ended up in tyre changing  duties to get a participant on his way  

Had a blast thank you everyone looking forward to next year.
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2015 15:25 by David Smith.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim D

HRC 2015 23 Mar 2015 21:45 #9056

• Paul Dwyer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
HCR over for another year.
what a  great job Tim did & all the volunteers.
Tracks where fun a little less dust would have been nice but that  nature of the sport. 
Rooster track on Sunday ooooooooo yerrrrrrr  !!  
As per usuall  the HCR  rattled bits of my bike .
i did step off in the most stupid spot don't no how but I may have  done something to my ribs they are very tender.
Again well done every one involved .
i was a paid  entrant this year  with a ride buddy this year. 
Thks all

HRC 2015 24 Mar 2015 17:18 #9081

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
My first HCR and what a ripper.

Arrived early on Friday, caught up Tristan and searched for a camp site to set up camp, not knowing the area, set up near the entrance on the left, good spot no tree limbs to fall, but windy, maybe not such a good spot and as it turned out the group near us got a bit rowdy Sat night, anyway that's another story.

Three of us went out for a quick 40km blast to loosen up the muscles and clean out some cobwebs.
Got back to get registered and the bike through scrutineering.
Cooked some dinner, had a couple of beers, than watched the joint gradually fill up, with arrivals pretty constant all day and into the night.
The other three riders I was riding with turned up after 10pm, got the registration done, a few more beers, some chatting with with some other riders near their fire, than off to bed.

Woke up to an awesome breakfast, than geared up,  had the preamble than off to the start line.
Short wait and we were off.
First bit of single trail was good to get you in the feel, than some flowing trails to hit some rocky hill with a glint of sun in your eye made that first hill a bit of fun. Once you found your place in the field the dust was pretty manageable.
All in all good tracks, with a few rocks here and there!!  good stop over for lunch some more flowing tracks and got back to the camp at around 1230 to 1pm, my trip had 139KM on the clock.
Had a chat and my brother suggested a trip to Lake Cobbler to finish of the day, so off we went with a group of six to Lake Cobbler and back,
rounding off the day with 190KM.
No stacks, & drops, first time for everything.

Quick shower, should I mention it was a HOT welcomed rinse, just what we needed.

Back to the camp site and bang, stung by a F******* wasp on the left foot.

A few beers and an awesome Dinner, some videos of last year, the raffle, with great commentary by a fellow rider in the crowd, had us all having a chuckle. 

A few more beers, than off to bed, to be woken by some F***W** revving his bike and riding it through our camp site, three times, until they where given a friendly warning, THANKS. I believe he apologized the next day to the campsite next to us.

Woke up to an awesome breakfast, the other guys I was with packed up to head off, one with a shoulder in a bad way, so some car shuffling seen his car driven home by a fellow rider.

Decided not to ride on the Sunday, due to some early departures and a bloody swollen foot, and that was from the wasp.

All in all a great weekend.

Timmers and fellow AMTRA Volunteers WELLDONE.

Oh, did i mention the food was AWESOME.
The tracks where great, with a few rocks and a bit of dust.

The four hour drive there and back was worth it.

Cheers & Thanks for a memorable weekend.
Last Edit: 24 Mar 2015 19:40 by Ausberg. Reason: Coz I Can Too

HRC 2015 24 Mar 2015 19:03 #9090

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
One of my favourite HCR's to date.
An awesome job and his support crew for the way the event worked and flowed. His acknowledgment of the volunteers was very good and showed in the willingness of people to seek out Timmer's to find their next job, which meant I never heard a whinge about getting the job done and done now.!!!!
For me riding for 3 days with a great sweep group was a pleasure, yet still some big days. Especially with a lack of sleep and very early starts on pre sweep duties.
Was awesome to see all the smiles and thanks given as I sat with Seano marking off the riders on their way back in on Saturday. Was also great to see Shell conquer the course and a huge proud smile as we told her of her great efforts.
Food was spot on this year in  choice, quality and quantity. (all be it still bith bull shit forks!!!!)
So to Timmer's and all the other members that made this year happy, a very big well done!!!!!!!!!!
Al

Ps.
Down side to the weekend was the couple of drunken morron's that couldn't handle their liquor, and really took the shine off proceedings on Saturday night, with the world owes them something attitudes. THANKS MORRON'S for lack of sleep and upsetting 270 other people from having a great time, due to the beer going in and you needing your mummies for a nappy changed behaviour. So glad we don't allow fire arms on the block as would have had to get up even earlier Sunday morning to dig a hole before I went riding.

HRC 2015 24 Mar 2015 19:42 #9093

• Al.C
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Thanks for another great ride. I ended up with the #1 plate, a prize, about 270km on the clock and caught up with some old faces. Great weekend thanks to all who organised. 

HRC 2015 25 Mar 2015 07:35 #9114

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
270k and you made it all with out my help Al, s%^t your getting the hang of this riding caper!!!!
Al

ps. 2 days of pre riding and you didn't catch me? You must be slowing down :-P

HRC 2015 25 Mar 2015 13:00 #9118

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
PHOTOS..........PHOTOS!

I wanna see PHOTOS!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

HRC 2015 27 Mar 2015 15:02 #9180

• Timmers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2019 HCR Coordinator
  • Thank you received: 48
Dirt Action Magazines coverage 

TRAIL RIDE HEAVEN! Check out some of the action from the recent Suzuki/Dirt Action AMTRA High Country Ride in Victoria.

www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152626883656890

One of those yellow links will take you there, and make sure you push HD
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2015 09:59 by Serge C. Reason: Tidied up the post a bit

Hcr 2015 27 Mar 2015 18:00 #9188

• sjdavey22
  • Senior Boarder
Ha! That's me at 2:05 on the video!
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2015 18:14 by sjdavey22.

Hcr 2015 27 Mar 2015 22:56 #9200

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Looks like your stuck in 2nd Shane. Think I passed you on the next hill...
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds