Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Glenburn 21 Feb

Glenburn 21 Feb 22 Feb 2015 11:55 #8225

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
We met at Glenburn servo then followed Wade to the unloading area in Toolangi forest. This area is new to me and Wade led us through some excellent terrain. A few puddles, rocky hills, fast flowing tracks and did I say rocks. The ride flowed well with 7 punters and no major mishaps. A couple of punctures and I believe Mick showed the benefits of body armour. Thanks Wade and all for a great ride. I'm looking forward to the next one. Special thanks to Lefty for his tireless and dusty tail duties. I will post a video later this week.
cheers Tony

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Glenburn 21 Feb 22 Feb 2015 17:27 #8229

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37

Glenburn 21 Feb 22 Feb 2015 21:05 #8238

• Evo
Thanks for the story and pics Tony, and loaning me a spare tube. I really enjoyed leading a fantastic group of guys around my favourite tracks in the area.
Unfortunately I got a flat after 30min into the ride and trashed a near new 4mm tube  grrrrrrr:angry:   Anyways taking slightly longer than the regulation 12minutes to fix we were under way again. With some great flowing trails, a couple of creek crossings and rocky uphill climb later the replacement I had just fitted gave up.  Pinched on rocks............again. Changing tubes on the trail in 30+ degrees day is not fun and I was not happy.  Thanks to the all my fellow riders for their help getting the YZ going again. The rest of the day was trouble free and the day flowed along nicely. Thank you Lefty for your wit and tailmaning   

Glenburn 21 Feb 24 Feb 2015 18:50 #8285

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Wade, thanks for putting on a great ride and to Lefty for the tail man duties all day. The ride was a great combination of trails, needless to say it would be a completely different ride in the wet. The ride flowed very well, I wonder want the campers thought when we pulled up to fix the first flat? They kept real quiet, there is no way they could have slept through the whole 11 minutes it took to repair the flat!!!!!
See you next time Colin  

Glenburn 21 Feb 25 Feb 2015 08:46 #8303

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Yep, I concur. Thanks Wade for a great ride and Lefty for tail man and the others for an excellent fun day out on the bikes. 

Glenburn 21 Feb 25 Feb 2015 18:53 #8320

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Yeah, thanks Wade for putt'n on the ride. Some great tracks to unwind on. Thanks all for making it a great ride and Wade for pulling the pin before it got too hot. 80Ks done and dusted.

Cheers,

Lefty.

Glenburn 21 Feb 26 Feb 2015 13:21 #8325

• Evo
Thank you gents your were the ideal group of riders for me, to get back into putting on rides for amtra. I will run this ride again in april when hopefully the tracks will be at least damp and we won't get dusted!
Wade 

Glenburn 21 Feb 26 Feb 2015 15:24 #8329

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
look forward to them:):):):):)
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange

Glenburn 21 Feb 27 Mar 2015 16:47 #9187

• harko
  • Fresh Boarder
Evo, ya bastard!, I've just bought a DRZ 400 and although not a rocket it will do me nicely. When are you doing this ride again.? Can I come? 

Harko
p.s. This could be construed as stalking, I'll have to look at the rules and Regs. of AMTRA.

Glenburn 21 Feb 03 Apr 2015 21:38 #9385

• Evo
Yes Harko this stalking.........in a good way :) Glad you can come riding with amtra.  I'll be doing this ride again in early in may.
Mate you could of bought a Yamaha and stayed with the team, tsk tsk. lol
Evo
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds