Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Grrrrr..... Technology!

Grrrrr..... Technology! 12 Feb 2015 19:38 #8068

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
I've just updated my phone plan and gotten a new phone.  I also updated my daughter's and wife's plans and gotten them new phones.  All went smoothly.  As part of the deal, I also got a new SIM card for my iPad which shares data off my account, and that arrived today.  Optus said I can either wait and they'll activate it in a day or so, or I can activate it online.  I chose that option.

Step 1.  Type in SIM card number.  It's too bloody small to read and it took me three goes to get it right.

Step 2.  Type in order number.  Which I did, it was on the delivery note.

Step 3.  Type in service number.  What's that?  My mobile number?  My wife's number?  Dunno.  Tried them both but no luck.  

I then hen check the other piece of paper which came with the delivery, and that has the service number, which is a new separate 'phone' number, so I type that in.  Still not happening, so I re-read the paper and find ANOTHER order number, so I type that in, and it comes back telling me I've exceeded the number of attempts that I'm allocated!  

So now I have to ring Optus (and wait on hold for three lifetimes), because my old man eyes can't read this stuff!

Grrrrrrrr....... :angry:
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Grrrrr..... Technology! 12 Feb 2015 20:01 #8069

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
This is why i use Telstra Business :D yes i have had a few issue of the years but they all get fixed :D
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne

Grrrrr..... Technology! 12 Feb 2015 20:30 #8074

• David Smith
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
You know if you just got your kids to do it they would have done it in 2 min and it would be working.
:):)

Have fun on hold tomorrow :D
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015 20:30 by David Smith.

Grrrrr..... Technology! 12 Feb 2015 20:36 #8076

• Jeff Davey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Serge you need to drop all this macho crap and just read the instructions first  :D
He who dies with the most TOYS wins

Grrrrr..... Technology! 12 Feb 2015 20:40 #8077

• Evo
You have my sympathies Serge, I normally stuff it all up first get angry swear a lot then get the kids to fix when all else fails.

Grrrrr..... Technology! 12 Feb 2015 21:24 #8081

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Hope you get thru before you need a new plan or phone :)

I tried Optus once and they are shyte out in the real Australia :sick:

Go Telstra ;)
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015 21:25 by Ken R.

Grrrrr..... Technology! 16 Feb 2015 14:33 #8130

• andianjul
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
We've all had our 'issues' with Telstra over the years. For me, it's the lack of a competitively priced plan that suits my needs. But Telstra have coverage that's second to none; and, living where I do in "real Australia," I need coverage. "Optus have pretty good coverage" I hear you say... At my school, there are rooms where there is no Optus coverage - not so good when you're providing "on call" support.
So, I choose a carrier that is carried by Telstra, but isn't actually Telstra. In my case, it's Telechoice. But I'm told there are 2 or 3 others available these days. They aren't carrying the 4G network, but I get all the coverage I need from the 3G network and speed isn't an issue, so I am content. I think I pay ~$20.00/mth per service. If I went to the $49.00/mth plan I could get unlimited everything except data*, plus some international calls and that also seems like a pretty good deal to me especially when compared to what I know some people are paying Telstra for a similar plan. (*Telechoice unlimited has a 3GB data limit)
‘16 Sherco SEFR450, ‘98 Yamaha WR200
"You're the dumbest smart person I know"
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds