Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: RIDE TO WORK BREAKFAST

RIDE TO WORK BREAKFAST 05 Feb 2015 17:31 #7922

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
The first RIDE TO WORK BREAKFAST will be from 7 to 9 am on Monday, March 16, 2015 at the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne.

Lord Mayor Robert Doyle, Roads Minister Luke Donnellan MP, Greg Pond from the Victorian Scooter Riders Association and Father Bob
McGuire will address the assembled riders and media. Speeches and presentations will be from 8 am.

Transport Accident Commission(TAC)  is a sponsor and will donate a gold coin to Father Bob for each rider who turns up in full safety
gear. That is boots, strong pants, jacket, gloves and hat.

Proceeds after costs go to the Father Bob Foundation.This is a volunteer activity.

The RIDE TO WORK BREAKFAST has 3 main aims.

1. To promote protective clothing and safe riding tomotorcycle & scooter riders coming to the City and inner suburbs for work
or recreation.

2. To inform riders of the 3 options for motorcycleparking in urban areas (Vic.)and how to park bikes for everyone's benefit.

3. To make car drivers aware of the benefits they gainfrom safe commuters on motorcycles & scooters. Bike commuters reduce
traffic congestion and pollution and they free up car parking space for people
who have to use their cars.

The weather should be good as the breakfast is in autumnbut, just in case, both the RIDE TO WORK BREAKFAST area and the bike parking
area are under cover.

There is no event registration or entry fee, just rollup. Stay 5 minutes or 2 hours. All welcome.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds