Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Mt Disappointment/Wandong

Mt Disappointment/Wandong 08 Dec 2014 18:17 #6563

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
For those who may ride around the area, some of the residents are getting very upset. The following is a follow up response to an en enquiry on our web site. I have deliberately left the residents name and address off the following.

[font=Arial,sans-serif]

[/font]Hi IanI have just come across it.
Many thanks for your concern.I must confess an ulterior motive.Living in Wandong we are plagued by trail bikes illegally using our streets to access the Mt.Disappointment forest.
Our peace is shattered every weekend and when we ask that we be respected we suffer massive, fithy abuse.I had heard there was a visitor area but wasn't able to locate it.If I couldn't find it no wonder everybody else can't.
We just want our town back.None of us came to live in this sleepy little place just to be plagued by selfish, couldn't care less, abusive, foul mouthed louts who think it is their God given right to do as they want and to hell with us.
The forest is getting accessed from every side street here complete with illegally parked 4WD support crews, trailers, refueling, massive revving noise, etc from 6 am every weekend.
By law we can't even start a lawn mower until 9am but we have no hope of sleeping past 6am.
Must stop. Not your problem just explaining my reason for the search.

The area is located athttp://www.depi.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/225627/FS0097_-_Trail_Bike_Riding_Mount_Disappointment_State_Forest.pdf

Don't know the answer but we have to start somewhere before people start taking matters in to their own hands.

Kindest Regards for having tried to assist
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2014 18:22 by Ian Robinson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mt Disappointment/Wandong 09 Dec 2014 16:25 #6588

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
We have about 3 Rides per Year at Mt Disappointment, and none of them go anywhere near Wandong, we ride from the DSE Visitors Point and ride North out to Strath Creek.

Mt Disappointment/Wandong 09 Dec 2014 17:26 #6592

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Peter R wrote:
We have about 3 Rides per Year at Mt Disappointment, and none of them go anywhere near Wandong, we ride from the DSE Visitors Point and ride North out to Strath Creek.

And from what this corespondent says, they are aware that AMTRA does the right thing, it's the 'others' that are the problem.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Mt Disappointment/Wandong 09 Dec 2014 17:42 #6594

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Had a chat with Roger Pitt from the DEPI he has not been approached but is interested 
and following the  matter

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds