Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 07 Jan 2019 09:47 #28670

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Lets celebrate Australia Day with an Adventure ride in and around and beyond the Yarra State Park on saturday the 26th of January . We will meet at 9am for a 9.30 sharp take off at the Longwarry East Bound Caltex and will be around a 250KLM loop with morning tea at big Pats Creek and a lunch stop planned for the Reefton Hotel and then afternoon drinks at the Noojee tool Shed. Most of the ride will be off road {Around 200klms} with some being on Blue Metal with some interesting tracks thrown in to keep us standing on our pegs and a good mix of terrain surfaces from Sand rock clay and soil small hills to bigger hills with the odd small erosion mound to ride over. 
If this was a normal trail ride it would be a Level 1 ride but as most of us are still learning to ride these elephants maybe its a clubman ride :):) , Nah just joking but lots of throttle and break control as always will be required. We should arrive back at the servo by around 5 ish if all goes to plan. Please have the decency to let me know if you intend to come as I don't want people just turning up out of the blue. Remember your fluids for hydration and trail snacks and lunch money.
1. Will Munro
2. Scott H
3. Freddo Shenko
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2019 16:18 by Willbar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 07 Jan 2019 22:11 #28673

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey Will , sounds like the sort of ride that I would hate but f&@k it i’m coming !!!!!!! 

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 08 Jan 2019 07:45 #28674

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Scott200 wrote:
Hey Will , sounds like the sort of ride that I would hate but f&@k it i’m coming !!!!!!! 
Your on the list Scotty, I think you will love the route that a mate and I picked out for this ride :)
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 09 Jan 2019 20:18 #28692

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Willbar You mentioned " Clubman ride"   and my Ears Pricked up !!!
Don't mind a bit of  Hoonigan action !!
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2019 20:21 by Peter R.

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 09 Jan 2019 20:24 #28694

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Scott200 wrote:

For F%^& sake Scott, this is a Family website, you can't go saying s%^! like that Here" F&^*  me Drunk !!!

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 09 Jan 2019 22:54 #28697

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
Mind your own F&@?ing business Peter , but see you on the ride though

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 22 Jan 2019 16:19 #28874

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok the original post has been edited to read the following-

Lets celebrate Australia Day with an Adventure ride in and around and beyond the Yarra State Park on saturday the 26th of January . We will meet at 9am for a 9.30 sharp take off at the Longwarry East Bound Caltex and will be around a 250KLM loop with morning tea at big Pats Creek and a lunch stop planned for the Reefton Hotel and then afternoon drinks at the Noojee tool Shed. Most of the ride will be off road {Around 200klms} with some being on Blue Metal with some interesting tracks thrown in to keep us standing on our pegs and a good mix of terrain surfaces from Sand rock clay and soil small hills to bigger hills with the odd small erosion mound to ride over. 
If this was a normal trail ride it would be a Level 1 ride but as most of us are still learning to ride these elephants maybe its a clubman ride :):) , Nah just joking but lots of throttle and break control as always will be required. We should arrive back at the servo by around 5 ish if all goes to plan. Please have the decency to let me know if you intend to come as I don't want people just turning up out of the blue. Remember your fluids for hydration and trail snacks and lunch money.
1. Will Munro
2. Scott H
3. Freddo Shenko
4.Bruce
5.Michelle Ferron FB Group
6. Paul Buruma FB Group
7. Phil Burke FB Group
8. Martin Effler FB Group
9. David Boulter FB Group
Last Edit: 24 Jan 2019 22:38 by Willbar.

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 24 Jan 2019 22:39 #28900

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Willbar wrote:
Ok the original post has been edited to read the following-

1. Will Munro
2. Scott H
3. Freddo Shenko
4.Bruce
5.Michelle Ferron FB Group
6. Paul Buruma FB Group
7. Phil Burke FB Group
8. Martin Effler FB Group
9. David Boulter FB Group
10. Phil Carmine  FB Group
11. Brad Galea FB Group
12. Brenton Hands FB Group
13. Ian Reid FB Group
14. Darren Vick FB Group
15. Sarah Jayne John FB Group
16. Daniel Hurkensis FB Group
Ride attendee numbers are growing nicely thanks to Facebook ride groups.
Last Edit: 25 Jan 2019 21:10 by Willbar.

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 27 Jan 2019 08:27 #28918

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Will , thanks for an awesome ride yesterday , great tracks , great bunch of riders , Shame we only had 4 AMTRA members but after that day out i know a few  of our new Adv friends will join us again so time for me to post up another to keep the momentum going . Thanks again mate , what a way to have spent Australia Day !!!!!

Adventure Bound Yarra State Park and beyond 26 Jan 27 Jan 2019 10:58 #28919

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for going Tail Scotty. 16 riders was impressive even if 12 came from FB group Victorian Adventure Riders and Camping. It would have been nice to have had an AMTRA business card with room to write your name to hand out as their seem to be lots of interest in what club we come from and the L1 rides for them to gain a few more basic offroad skills. Our planning worked well as we where able to adjust things as we went along due to unforeseen hold ups, but the 2 newbies coped very well with what was challenging hills both up and down. Dont do the next one till I replace my clutch. We did not make the 250klm due to time constraints but we managed 180klm. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds