Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Bike repair/maintenance

Bike repair/maintenance 29 Aug 2015 15:38 #11957

• Rob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I think your lux density would be all over the place
but interesting concept
which way will Ken go?

Is that Lux bars or Lux flakes in the headlight? Makes my clothes bright so it may work,.... but I'm not a sparky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bike repair/maintenance 31 Aug 2015 18:52 #11989

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Done 2,800 KMS from new so 
Fitting New 
Chain Guides (Husaberg Original in Blue)
Rear Supersprox 52
Front Supersprox 13
New EK X Ring Chain
General  items
New rear tyre Michelen Cross 5 with UHD Tube
New Toy
GPS mount for my newly aquired Garmin64S
General clean and spruce up, may even throw on my new Husaberg Hand Grips I have sitting in storage.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2015 18:55 by Ausberg.

Bike repair/maintenance 06 Sep 2015 19:17 #12060

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Well I finally strung a couple of days together in the shed and got the Berg finished. Swing arm bearings and upper and lower hiem joints for the rear shock done. Stator removed and flywheel removed and derusted and gaskets and oil in wet leg replaced. Thermo fan temp operating switch replaced with a slightly lower temp one. Inner clutch housing gasket replaced with a Slavens upgraded gasket, Rekluse updated from a EXP 2 to an EXP 3 by adding the adjustable slave cylinder, means clutch can be adjusted externally now instead of having to remove the outer clutch cover to adjust internally. Modify the Case savers both on the Kato and the Berg to allow the external adjustment to take place. The kicker on the Berg has been sticking 1/2 way down when retracting so cleaned the mechanisimn and lubed and replaced the housing to kicker shaft seal. It was then to try something on Facebook this week, a wash with cloths washing liquid with Sard, well it does work a treat, grips look like new, plastics are gleaming but some alloy bits are cleaned but stained due to it being a bit caustic I think. I think may need to limit the bits I spray it on, but certainly on the plastics bits and rubber bits, the tyres look like a show car. The 2 stroke oil stain on the muffler that the CT18 does not remove just desolved away, as did the dirt stains on the sliicone hoses, Plus the dirt from the radiator core just washed out better than ever.  
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2015 19:18 by Willbar.

Bike repair/maintenance 06 Sep 2015 22:30 #12070

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
"Plus the dirt from the radiator core just washed out better than ever"  Hey Will, thought I'd drain the coolant out of my Husky and wow it looked like the Yarra river. How does so much dirt get in there ??? Took 5 flushes to get it clean ??? What did you fill the radiator with ? Sounds like you know what your doing with bike maintenance (the tricky stuff), any chance you can move nearer to Carrum ??

Regards,

Lefty.

Bike repair/maintenance 06 Sep 2015 23:16 #12072

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Lefty, if it's coming out like the Yarra River something isn't right !
What did you have in there ?

Bike repair/maintenance 07 Sep 2015 05:12 #12073

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
lefty wrote:
"Plus the dirt from the radiator core just washed out better than ever"  Hey Will, thought I'd drain the coolant out of my Husky and wow it looked like the Yarra river. How does so much dirt get in there ??? Took 5 flushes to get it clean ??? What did you fill the radiator with ? Sounds like you know what your doing with bike maintenance (the tricky stuff), any chance you can move nearer to Carrum ??

Regards,

Lefty.
mine was from the outside of the core not internal. Internally I've been using that Evans waterless and normally clear when I drained the system to do the gasket and switch I noticed it has started to go golden. I put it back in of course but will keep an eye out. As far as going brown that could be contaminants or worse corrosion. Keep an eye on that.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Bike repair/maintenance 07 Sep 2015 06:30 #12075

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
lefty wrote:

Regards,

Lefty.
Hey Lefty could your water pump seal be letting oil mix with the coolant  or the corrosion inhibitor has stopped working

Bike repair/maintenance 07 Sep 2015 06:55 #12077

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
lefty wrote:

Regards,

Lefty.

I still have a 1.5? litre can of Liquid Intelligence available. I was going to keep it but as I dont have a bike at present and my next bike will most likely be aircooled I dont need it. $45.00. They are selling it for $49.00 at KTM in Ferntree Gully.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982

Bike repair/maintenance 07 Sep 2015 09:26 #12084

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Robo you are all heart - $4 off :shock:

Hey Lefty check the oil in the gearbox, if the oil level is low you could be getting some oil in the water thru the pump seal, but it usually goes the other way, water into the gearbox, which colours the oil milky. Check that the gearbox/engine breather is not partially/fully blocked, could be pressurising the gearbox a bit when it's warming up and pushing a bit of oil into the water. (clutching at a straw there but I've seen it)

Didn't know you were in Carrum Lefty.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 07 Sep 2015 09:58 by Ken R.

Bike repair/maintenance 07 Sep 2015 10:51 #12091

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Thanx for ideas men, i'm checking them out to the best of my ability. The water didnt have any oil slicks in it when drained into a bowl. It did however have a strong chemical smell. Its done 4k and had the original coolant in it Wiggy, probably over due ?. I split some on the concrete floor and when it dried it dried white. Oil looks good Kenny, but ill check the breather hose. Yeah John, hoping its just lost its inhibitor.
All heart Robo, love it Kenny.

Watch this space.
Last Edit: 07 Sep 2015 10:54 by lefty.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds