Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2015 wr250f

2015 wr250f 08 Jun 2015 06:17 #10587

• bizzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone bought the new 2015 wr250f? and what has been the reviews on this bike? currenlty on a 2011 wr250f thinkin about a upgrade.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2015 wr250f 08 Jun 2015 10:05 #10588

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
My advice is simple.
BUY ONE!!!!!!!!
I bought the yzfx instead, but rode the wr. I've owned a 2007 wr250f the improvement is out of this world in both handling and the engine will blow you away over the old one.
Al
Last Edit: 08 Jun 2015 10:05 by Al.

2015 wr250f 08 Jun 2015 16:43 #10592

• bizzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Al do you think the fx suspension is soft enough for trail riding? Have also been thinking about this bike and the ktm 250 also the 350. But keep going back to the wr. 

2015 wr250f 08 Jun 2015 21:37 #10597

• lynton mcphail
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have also jumped off an 07 wr250 to a 15 wr250f . Only have 100ks on the clock so far ,reading the specs its a bit lighter but on the trail , so much lighter ,could not tell the difference between full or empty fuel tank with it back almost under the seat. Range with 7.5 liters yet to find that out. Power wise its just more everywhere, the best is the throttle control , its so precise and responsive , something I have to get used to. The yz250fx has more power ,but its the same engine with the yz muffler and different fuel and ignition maps. Something to look forward too.  Finding the suspension is too firm ,I weigh 73kg so thats next to do, no not get fatter , adjusting spring rates. Gearbox with 6 speeds , closer ratios than the 07 with top gear a bit taller, excellent. Comes with the same spares kit,  manual , small tail light, different wiring, braided front brake line and intake , exhaust parts to replace ADR bits. Cant wait for my next ride.:)        

Cheers Lynton .

p.s. as Al Mason said BUY ONE.                                                                        

2015 wr250f 08 Jun 2015 23:06 #10600

• bizzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thax Lynton I  love my 2011 wr250f its been a great bike . If its lacked anything its been a 6th gear and better suspension. Also a little bit more bottom end would be nice. Sounds like the new wr ticks all those areas plus some! Will consider a move to the new model a step in the right direction.

2015 wr250f 09 Jun 2015 07:43 #10602

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
My biggest concern was if the suspension was going to be to stiff and motorcrossy on the yzfx over the wr. I ride technical stuff a lot more than open stuff. So on the first ride i went for a clubman plus very technical day to find out? Start of the day found the bike a little hard work with the way it took roots and logs in the tight stuff. Thought it was the bike, swapped with my mate on his fx and report card was it's was me. Backed front clickers down 3 clicks. New bike, in love at one and feels like been riding it for 10 years!!!!!!!!
High country was next to see if i would miss the bigger capacity of my 310 and how the suspension went with the rocks. Power and torque was just amazing even on the longest hills. Would wipe the floor with the 310. Suspension i wound clickers back up one click. The only way to describe it was absolutely fn cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most stable plant tractable bike I've ever ridden.

Fuel economy for me is a very comfortable 100 to 110k per tank. In high county did the long loop with 1 extra litre and plenty left if the tank.
Al

Ps. Only dislikes so far is i needed to get a bit of the seat height take out. And it does eat rear tires compared to my 310.
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2015 07:47 by Al.

2015 wr250f 09 Jun 2015 14:50 #10606

• bizzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thax Al sounds like you ride simlar conditions to what i am riding, bit of single track some high country stuff, went into local yam dealer today tyre kickin. Seat high will be a issue for me hoping that the suspension does sag a bit after a few rides? Has tha been the case? And how much has it sagged? 

Cheers
BIzz

2015 wr250f 09 Jun 2015 15:13 #10607

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm 80kg, and found no sag in the 5 or so rides I did before Krooztune sorted the suspension for me. Can live with a tall bike in the high country and desert, but not in technical stuff. So very happy now with ride height and suspension still works as intended. 
Al

2015 wr250f 09 Jun 2015 16:02 #10611

• bizzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Around 80kg myself Al what did they do? And how was it lowered?

cheers 
bizz

2015 wr250f 09 Jun 2015 19:39 #10616

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
Krooztune adjusted internals in forks and rear shock to give me around 25mm.
First time around was 30 which was good, but i ended up flat footed on the ground when i was geared up full for my two day ride. So gone back up 5mm and seems good compromise. No cheap lowering links or anything as they work against the suspension. 30mm was the maxium before handling was affected. Got a Chris Birch training day coming up,so that will be a good test, as i reckon that will be a technical day?
Al
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds