Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Why pay

Why pay 12 May 2015 13:56 #10176

• DarrenD
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
twisti3s wrote:
Think the money is worth it!
Just not happy when i miss out on a place on ride run on AMTRA that has some of its places taken via a free forum. That definitely makes me question.

Has this actually happened??

EDIT: Just saw your post on King Seano's ride. I guess getting in earlier may have helped as I cannot see how a ride leader can say no to other punters hoping the ride will fill with AMTRA members.
Last Edit: 12 May 2015 14:00 by DarrenD.
The topic has been locked.

Why pay 12 May 2015 14:46 #10178

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Just before some of you stick the boots a history lesson i joined the club at the same time the club was conned into buying the block at that time half of the active members left then more left due to the shit fight that followed .As i joined to go riding and as there where no rides due to the loss of active ride leaders for the following two years i put on most rides and if you think that is bull shit check out the clubman award trophy. So some may say i saved the club  :):):)
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange

Why pay 12 May 2015 14:46 #10179

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Ron H wrote:
twisti3s wrote:
Think the money is worth it!
Just not happy when i miss out on a place on ride run on AMTRA that has some of its places taken via a free forum. That definitely makes me question.
I know its a pain when you miss out on a ride but you need to look outside the box and see the bigger picture by inviting people from free forums to ride with our club can only make us bigger and better when they see what we offer for the $60 membership fee and they sign up and start putting on their own rides
Would be awesome if that happens. 
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne

Why pay 12 May 2015 14:57 #10180

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
craig525 wrote:
Just before some of you stick the boots a history lesson i joined the club at the same time the club was conned into buying the block at that time half of the active members left then more left due to the shit fight that followed .As i joined to go riding and as there where no rides due to the loss of active ride leaders for the following two years i put on most rides and if you think that is bull shit check out the clubman award trophy. So some may say i saved the club  :):):)
Thank you,  The club is awesome. I think there maybe a better ways to attract new members. As members are members to partake in members rides.
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne
Last Edit: 12 May 2015 15:01 by twisti3s.

Why pay 12 May 2015 15:00 #10181

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
:):):):):):):):sick:
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange

Why pay 12 May 2015 16:37 #10182

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
I would hope that rides  advertised on other forums are as AMTRA rides and as a way of attracting new members to AMTRA.

Unlike other internet based clubs, AMTRA is an Incorporated Association. It is like that to protect ride leaders and club officials from prosecution should some one decide that they want to sue for whatever reason. Only the clubs assets can be taken. Individual members are protected. This means the club has costs, hence the membership fee  and must be run differently to an internet based club. I wont comment on what may happen to an individual from an internet based club who runs a ride and someone decides to sue but I would be finding out if you are putting on rides for other clubs.

When the Abbeyard property was purchased, there was a vote after months of discussion and the majority voted to purchase the property. Unfortunately some did not like that and left. That was their problem. Abbeyard did change the club for a long time as much work was needed there. For those who dont know, basically you could only get in the front gate, the rest was scrub.  Club members have achieved a lot in making the property a worthwhile place to visit.

I see the club turning back to the way it used to be, with much less emphasis on Abbeyard and more on other club activities. I dont know that we ever return to the great camping weekends we used to have as people just dont seem to have the time for that anymore.

Every member has a chance to become a committee member and steer the club in the direction they think is appropriate. It is no good whinging on here about the way things are if you are not prepared to stand up, put some time and effort in and do something yourself.  I get the chance to look at other records that most dont see and AMTRA has attracted a stack of new members this last year so we cant be doing too badly. I just hope we can retain those people as interested members.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
Last Edit: 13 May 2015 17:15 by Ian Robinson.

Why pay 12 May 2015 16:47 #10183

• DarrenD
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
craig525 wrote:

I don't think anyone is laying the boots in and I'm pretty sure most don't need a history lesson and i'm pretty sure most probably don't care about the history.  

You obviously raised the issue knowing it was going to create some crap.  What the club needs at the moment is positive comments and positive actions or we may find that all of us will be  saving our $60 a year.  We don't need all the negative bullshit that usually goes on on this forum.  

Why pay 12 May 2015 16:57 #10184

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
It's not what the Club can do for You !!!
It's what you can do for the Club !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willbar

Why pay 12 May 2015 21:11 #10186

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Its up to ride leaders if they want to advertise their rides elsewhere. The motivation is to fill their rides and to promote the club. You would be surprised how many new members we get doing this. Its a 2 way street, as many members ride with other forums. If paying $60 a year is a problem, then you are in the wrong sport. If anyone missed Seano's ride, then hassle him to put another one on, or better put one on yourself.

Why pay 12 May 2015 21:41 #10187

• Steve f
  • Fresh Boarder
ich bin ein Amtra
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds