Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Victorian Scooterists Ready to Filter

Victorian Scooterists Ready to Filter 10 May 2015 16:17 #10146

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Melbourne scooterists ready to filter 

The Victorian Scooter Riders Association congratulates theCity of Melbourne on its passing of the Melbourne Motorcycle Plan. More
scooters will be encouraged within the City, and roads will be safer for all road users – scooterists, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians. 

Mr Greg Pond of the VSRA described the plan as progressive and reflecting a new approach to managing traffic congestion.  

“Melbourne has been the home of scootering in Australia since the 1950s,” he said. “It’s wonderful to have final recognition of our
legitimate space on the roads.” 

“We’re ready to work with the City of Melbourne at every stage of its implementation, particularly clarifying its position on footpath
parking, and we’ll be asking other inner city councils to follow suit.” 

A key to this new approach will be the legalization of traffic filtering in Victoria from September.  

Mr Pond said that filtering was essential to improve rider safety, improve traffic flow, and reduce congestion.  

“The benefits of filtering are proven by practice in many other places,” he said.   “Traffic congestion is a huge problem in Melbourne’s inner city, and that’s where filtering will be most effective.”   “We’re hoping that the State Government introduces filtering laws that allow the easy and safe movement of scooters through traffic, and that it’s not over regulated.” 

The VSRA represents the major scooter clubs and groups in Victoria, and will contribute to discussion around the proposed filtering
law. 
Attachments:
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Victorian Scooterists Ready to Filter 10 May 2015 21:41 #10151

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Good One - You should go drinking more often Serge.  :)
It's just more time to be flat out!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds